Application materials for EPA registration certification in the United States, EPA requirements for emissions from non-road compression-ignition engines

EPA registration certification application and emission requirements for non-road compression-ignition engines in the US

{“style”:1,”is_free”:”1″,”appid”:””,”lite_id”:”1987″,”pic”:””,”title”:”Scan the code on the right to consult and contact us for more information”,”descript”:””,”path”:””,”lite_path”:”/”,”page”:{}}

1. What does EPA registration mean? What are EPA’s requirements for emissions from non-road compression ignition engines?

EPA is the abbreviation for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The main purpose of EPA is to protect public health and the environment – the air, water and land that we rely on for survival.

EPA is responsible for inspecting and certifying diesel/gasoline engine equipment, retail automotive parts, gas, water treatment equipment, drinking water, pesticides, etc. Part 1039 of the e CFR outlines the regulations for emissions from new and in-use non-road compression ignition engines. Subpart H outlines the ABT program for certifying engine emissions.

§1039.710 How do I average emission credits?

(a) Averaging means exchanging emission credits between engine families. You can only exchange emission credits within the same averaging set.

(b) You may certify one or more engine families that meet applicable standards based on the FEL limits and other provisions of this part, if your application shows that you expect to have a positive balance of emission credits for all your model-year production by the end of the model year.

(c) If the FELs of the engine families you certify exceed other applicable standards, you must obtain enough emission credits to offset the shortfall for the engine families before the deadline for the final report required by §1039.730. Emission credits used to offset a shortfall may come from other engine families you produce in the same model year, emission credits you store, or emission credits you acquire through trading.

§1039.720 How do I trade emission credits?

(a) Trading refers to the exchange of emission credits between manufacturers. You may use traded emission credits for averaging, banking, or further trading. Traded emission credits may only be used within the averaging set in which they were generated.

(b) You may trade actual emissions as described in this section. You may also trade reserved emission credits, but we may revoke these credits based on your reports or records or on the company with which you traded the emission credits. You may bank credits within the range of the average of any certified manufacturer.

(c) If trading results in negative emissions, both the buyer and seller are responsible, unless we determine that fraud is involved. Cases involving fraud are covered in §1039.255(e). Negative emissions from a manufacturer may cause all certificates for the engine families involved to be void. See §1039.745.

§1039.725 What must I include in my application for certification?

(a) You must declare in your certification application that you intend to use the provisions of this section for each engine family to be certified using the ABT program. You must also declare the ABT program used for each pollutant for the FEL selected for the engine family. Your FEL must meet the specifications of subpart B, including the FEL cap. FELs must be expressed to the same number of decimal places as the applicable standard.

(b) Your certification application must include the following:

(1) You must declare that no negative emission credits will exist for any averaging set when calculating all emissions at the end of the year.

(2) Detailed calculations of expected emissions (positive or negative) based on anticipated production. We may require you to calculate emissions for other engine families to demonstrate that you will avoid negative emissions for the model year. If you plan for negative emissions for a family, identify the sources of positive emissions that will be used to offset negative emissions.

2. United States EPA Registration Certification Application Materials:

1. Application certification code (requires customer cooperation for certification)

2. Factory certification contact person

3. Prepare product information and certification materials (customer cooperation required for certification)

4. Submit application materials

Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.

We will continue to update BusinessDialogue; if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us!


Was this article helpful?

93 out of 132 found this helpful

Discover more


Respecting every individual is the foundation of excellent leadership

Recently, the Harvard Business Review published an article by renowned management experts Jack Zenger and Joseph Folk...


Can I not file for overseas investment record for ODI?

No, companies that fall within the scope of overseas investment need to go through the ODI filing process Otherwise, ...


What are the advantages and benefits of registering a company in BVI (British Virgin Islands) for Qundao?

Islands company registration, registering a BVI company for use within the British Commonwealth Within the British Co...


Is it good to build your own foreign trade website?

And building your own website may have risks and security vulnerabilities, such as the possibility of external hacker...


What aspects should be considered when doing cross-border e-commerce operations? | Facebook overseas account

This article will introduce key aspects of cross-border e-commerce operations and provide tips on advertising to Face...


The BRIN initiative aims to establish an intellectual property ecosystem, injecting new vitality into economic recovery!

Recently, the Indonesian National Agency for Research and Innovation held a seminar on Establishing an Intellectual P...