How to choose a Southeast Asian overseas warehouse? What factors should sellers consider when selecting an overseas warehouse?
Factors to consider when choosing a Southeast Asian overseas warehouse for sellers
Regardless of which market or platform is chosen, choosing a safe and reliable overseas warehouse is crucial for sellers. With the rapid rise of the Southeast Asian e-commerce market, the number of overseas warehouses is also increasing day by day. So how can Southeast Asian sellers choose a suitable overseas warehouse?
1. Compliance of the overseas warehouse
The compliance of the warehouse is the “lifeline” for sellers to go overseas. Whether the selected overseas warehouse is compliant is the most worrying issue for sellers. Compliance includes multiple aspects, such as whether the construction and business development of the warehouse are compliant, whether the operation process is compliant, and whether the supporting facilities of the warehouse can guarantee the safety of the goods, all of which will affect the seller’s choice.
- Market Research on European Overseas Warehouses Numerous Overseas Warehouses in England and Germany
- How is the logistics situation in Southeast Asia? Is there a prospect for overseas warehouses in Southeast Asia?
- How is the development of cross-border e-commerce market in Southeast Asia? Overview of e-commerce platforms in Southeast Asia
2. Reasonable charging standards and supporting facilities
Secondly, charging standards are one of the important factors that affect sellers’ willingness to cooperate, but there is no unique standard for charging. It can be judged whether the charging standard is reasonable by analyzing the cost of the service required, including whether only an overseas warehouse is needed or whether supporting services are needed.
3. Timeliness of warehouse operations
The timeliness of warehouse operations will affect the seller’s sales efficiency. Overseas warehouses with faster warehouse operation efficiency, such as goods entry and exit, shelf management, and delivery, are more likely to gain sellers’ trust and recognition.
4. Warehouse management system
Overseas warehouses with warehouse management systems (referred to as WMS) are more efficient than those without systems. In the information age, when sellers choose overseas warehouses, they will also consider whether they have a management system. The system can not only improve warehouse efficiency, but also improve the docking efficiency between overseas warehouses and sellers, reduce sellers’ communication costs, and help sellers efficiently manage inventory, process orders in a timely manner, and analyze product sales, etc.
5. After-sales quality inspection service
COD payment method is still very common in Southeast Asia, which leads to an increase in the return rate of goods in Southeast Asia. When choosing an overseas warehouse, sellers will also consider whether the overseas warehouse can help them handle return orders, including after-sales quality inspection, repairs, secondary sales, etc., in order to reduce the cost loss caused by returns.
6. Buyer satisfaction service
For sellers, the benefits of 1,000 positive reviews are not worth the harm caused by 1 negative review. Therefore, overseas warehouses can consider how to help sellers resolve buyer complaints and modify negative reviews, such as giving small gifts, appropriate compensation, and so on.
In summary, there are still many factors to consider when choosing a suitable overseas warehouse. Therefore, everyone should consider their business needs from multiple angles and choose carefully.
Scan the QR code below to get free access to more information on the current market situation and cost analysis of popular overseas warehouses in Europe, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and other regions.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Unauthorized use of trademark, infringement or not?
- What is the difference between rule-based bidding and AI algorithm-based bidding?
- [Must-Read for New Sellers] Recommended ten easy-to-use cross-border platforms, allowing you to quickly understand the situation of each platform!
- Get the latest knowledge about BSCI in one article
- What are the modes of SD-WAN enterprise networking? What types of enterprises need it the most?
- Report on Vietnam’s e-commerce platform and category popularity in April 2023
- Stranded for several hours! After a brief grounding, the cargo ship has resumed normal traffic through the Suez Canal!