How to pay customs duties on the UPS official website?
Pay UPS customs duties online
Previously, I wrote an article about paying customs duties on the DHL official website. Someone asked if they could pay customs duties on the UPS official website. The answer is yes. Let’s take tracking number 1ZA8A6360441168384 as an example. You can even input Chinese characters.
When you see the message “Import Fees are due for this parcel. Pay Now”, it means you can directly pay the customs duties. Click “Pay Now” and the specific information about the goods will be displayed.
You can also see the tax and fee details that need to be paid for the goods. Here we can see that UPS agents charge clearance fees, known as brokerage charges.
Then click “Continue”. You will see “Pay Import Fees Online”. There are two options provided here. The first one is to log in to your UPS account and make payment. This method is suitable for those who have an account.
- The Ministry of Commerce encourages the establishment of overseas warehouses in Central Asia, while India plans to challenge the EU’s carbon tariff | Cross-border Hotspot Express
- How can small and medium-sized enterprises in the UAE cope with the new corporate tax?
- [Taxation] How much do you know about Singapore’s Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
The second one is to pay directly, which is suitable for third-party platforms such as PayPal, American credit cards, and various other payment methods.
We choose to continue and then click “Continue to Payment”. That’s it. The payment will be completed and you can check the bill.
If this interface does not appear, what should you do? Just call the US UPS hotline at 1-888-742-5877 and ask their customer service staff to update the payment information on the official website. Be sure to tell them “I need to make payments online”. Because their customer service is often outsourced to India and sometimes you may not understand what they are saying.
What if you don’t have a foreign credit card or PayPal? Contact me for assistance.
What is the difference between UPS and DHL? Paying on DHL is more troublesome. UPS does not require the recipient’s cooperation and you can pay directly. I haven’t found any other issues for the time being. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Someone may ask how to pay taxes on the FEDEX official website. I’ll take a look at that.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Limited time discounted rate! Amazon’s new global payment protection plan for new sellers, sign up now!
- 【Hong Kong Card】A complete guide for mainland residents to open a personal bank account in Hong Kong
- What are the benefits of using the VCC (Virtual Credit Card) that cross-border companies are using?
- AliExpress accepts cryptocurrency payments and users can use FLOKI to make purchases
- European Commission proposes major reform plan for the EU Customs Union
- Cross-border e-commerce logistics, how to cope with the increasing rate of customs inspections in multiple countries?
- Two well-known freight forwarders announced a new acquisition; Brazil levies a 17% turnover tax on cross-border e-commerce platforms