Immediate takedown! Ruth Ann Thompson copyright infringement case has started legal action! The representing lawyer is Keith, beware and stay safe!
Legal action has begun in the Ruth Ann Thompson copyright infringement case Representing lawyer is Keith Take immediate action and stay safe
As a veteran animator and one of the earliest Disney animators, Ruthie Tompson is a legendary figure in the animation industry. She participated in the creation of many animated films, and was involved in the production of every feature-length animated film by Disney from 1937 to 1977.
From Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to The Rescuers, Tompson worked as a scene planner and in camera operations. Her other works include Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty, The Happiest Millionaire, The Aristocats, Robin Hood, and The Rescuers. She was also awarded the title of “Disney Legend”.
As the longest-serving employee to collaborate with Disney, Tompson was named a Disney Legend in recognition of her extraordinary contributions to the Walt Disney Company.
- Minnesota signs PFAS restriction order
- Good news | Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Antigua passports are visa-free to Canada! Identity upgraded again!
- What is a US standard oath? How to check if a trademark needs an oath?
“Ruthie is a legendary figure among animators, and her creative contributions to Disney – from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to The Rescuers – remain beloved classics to this day,” said Bob Iger, Executive Chairman of the Disney Board of Directors. “While we will miss her smile and wonderful sense of humor, her outstanding work and pioneering spirit will continue to inspire us all.”
Case Basic Information
Filing Date: May 25, 2023
Case Number: 23-cv-3302
Plaintiff’s Brand: Ruth Ann Thompson
Brand Owner: Ruth Ann Thompson
Legal Representation: Keith
What should you do about copyright infringement?
If your copyright has been infringed, you should negotiate with the infringer. Depending on the situation, the infringer should assume civil liability such as stopping the infringement, eliminating the impact, apologizing, and compensating for losses. If the infringement also damages public interests, the copyright administration department can order the infringer to stop the infringement and impose administrative penalties. If there is suspicion of a crime, the infringer should assume criminal responsibility.
What are the penalties for copyright infringement?
1. In general, there will be no punishment, but the infringer needs to assume civil liability such as stopping the infringement, eliminating the impact, apologizing, and compensating for losses depending on the situation;
2. If public interests are also harmed, the competent copyright authority may issue warnings and impose administrative fines;
3. If it constitutes a crime, criminal penalties will be imposed according to the law.
The Copyright Law of China stipulates that Chinese citizens, legal persons or unincorporated organizations enjoy copyright regardless of whether the works are published or not.
So, what are the criteria for identifying copyright infringement?
1. The infringer has not obtained permission or knows that they have not obtained permission;
2. The copyright owner has suffered actual losses;
3. The infringer’s behavior is illegal, meaning that it is not within the scope of reasonable use or legal authorization.
4. There is a causal relationship between illegal behavior and infringement.
The constitutive elements of general infringement behavior:
1. The illegality of the behavior
The illegality of the behavior is the prerequisite for the infringer to bear liability.
2. The existence of damage facts
The damage facts include damage to public property, damage to private property, and damage to non-property rights.
3. Causal relationship
The causal relationship in infringement behavior refers to the objective connection between illegal behavior and the resulting damage facts, that is, whether the specific damage facts are the inevitable result of the infringer’s behavior.
4. The subjective fault of the infringer
The fault is the subjective factor in the constitutive elements of infringement behavior, reflecting the psychological state of the infringer in carrying out the infringement behavior.
Above are the relevant regulations on how to deal with copyright infringement, do you understand?
Article 2 of the Copyright Law of the People’s Republic of China: Works of Chinese citizens, legal persons or non-legal persons are entitled to copyright protection under this Law, regardless of whether they have been published or not.
The works of foreigners or stateless persons enjoy copyright protection under this Law in accordance with the agreements or international treaties signed or jointly participated in by China and the countries to which the authors belong or are habitually resident.
The works of foreigners or stateless persons first published in China are protected by this Law.
The works of authors from countries that have not signed agreements or international treaties with China or stateless persons that are first published in a member state of the international treaty that they participate in or published simultaneously in member and non-member states are protected by this Law.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Due to the slower-than-expected pace of China’s reopening, Korean exporters are facing difficulties
- The B-side of the myth of wealth creation through cross-border e-commerce is the sellers who have become followers and have been reduced to mere commodities
- Jumia aims to expand in rural areas! It will fully promote the JForce plan!
- Account at risk of being disabled? Come in and learn about related matters~
- Freight rates have increased by 20%! There are widespread delays in the delivery of goods in the United States
- Do you still not know how to use ChatGPT, which is exploding globally?
- Autobia, an e-commerce platform for automobiles, has completed a $20,000 financing round and aims to boost the automotive market in Saudi Arabia