Ningbo-New York cargo flight route launched; SHEIN considers building factories in Mexico
Ningbo-New York cargo route launched, SHEIN considers Mexico factories
1. China Southern Airlines Cargo introduces its 17th B777 freighter
On May 25th, China Southern Airlines Cargo’s newly introduced B777 freighter landed smoothly at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. It will be put into use on the Guangzhou-London cargo route, further promoting the smooth flow of logistics, information and capital in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and helping to boost high-level opening-up to the outside world.
With the addition of the new freighter, the total size of China Southern Airlines Cargo’s fleet has reached 17 aircraft, operating more than 70 regular international freight flights per week.
Source: China Southern Airlines Cargo
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of building a self-owned overseas warehouse in the United States? How to choose between building your own warehouse and using a third-party overseas warehouse?
- Crazy suspension of flights! Multiple routes have increased their fares Will American shipping companies strike back with heavy punches?
- Effectively resolving the problem of duplicate authorization, this article will introduce you to the end-of-term abandonment strategy in US patent law!
2. Ningbo-New York full freighter route launched
On May 25th, after the customs officers of Ningbo Airport Customs completed on-site supervision, a plane carrying 90 tons of export goods took off from Ningbo Lishe International Airport and flew to JFK Airport in New York. This marks the smooth launch of the “Ningbo-New York” full freighter route. This is the fifth international full freighter route added by Ningbo Airport this year and the first full freighter route from Ningbo to New York.
The first flight carried mainly cross-border e-commerce small parcels. Unlike other routes, the route plans to operate three round-trip scheduled flights per week after opening. The flights will be operated by Kunming Airlines and mainly serve cross-border e-commerce cooperation between China and the United States.
Source: China Ningbo Net
3. Emirates SkyCargo increases encryption of Guangzhou-Dubai cargo route
On May 25th, Emirates SkyCargo added an extra flight to the four regular cargo flights between Guangzhou and Dubai. With this addition, Emirates SkyCargo now operates five cargo flights per week at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. It is reported that all cargo flights on this route are operated by Boeing 777 freighters, providing 100 tons of cargo capacity per flight. In addition, Emirates SkyCargo also operates 7 weekly passenger-cargo mixed flights in Guangzhou, using A380 aircraft to provide belly cargo capacity. Statistics show that since the increase in flights, Emirates SkyCargo has exported about 540 tons of cargo, mainly including e-commerce goods, clothing, luggage, machinery and electronic products.
Source: Guangdong Airport Group Logistics Release
4. First Freight Route Between Vietnam and UK Opened
On May 25th, TT Meridian, an international trade and logistics company specializing in serving the UK and Vietnam markets, has become the first UK-Vietnam joint venture to open the Vietnam-UK-Turkmenistan freight route.
The new route is operated by Turkmenistan Airlines and is the only freight route between Vietnam and the UK. The company’s freight service uses A330 aircraft with a carrying capacity of 30 tons.
The flight takes off from London Stansted Airport every Wednesday night (local time), then takes off from Ashgabat International Airport on Thursday morning local time, and arrives at Nội Bài International Airport on Thursday afternoon (transfer time is 4 hours). The return flight departs from Hanoi on Thursday night and arrives at Stansted Airport on the second Wednesday morning (transfer time is 5-6 days).
Source: Vietnam News Agency
5. COSCO Shipping Successfully Launches Regional Support Route Covering Australia and New Zealand
On May 25th, as the “CONTSHIP YEN” slowly sailed away from Sydney and Huangmatou, it marked the successful launch of COSCO Shipping’s first regional support route covering major ports in Australia and Auckland, New Zealand – the ANE route. The route currently serves Bell Bay, Tasmania, Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland, providing bi-weekly services and 700 TEU per bi-weekly cabin.
The successful opening of the ANE route not only realizes the direct shipping service between China COSCO Shipping’s two brands in Australia and New Zealand for the first time, but also relies on China COSCO Shipping’s global trunk and feeder network to provide more convenient and efficient shipping and extension services for goods entering and leaving Tasmania.
Source: COSCO Shipping
6. SHEIN Considers Building Factory in Mexico
On May 25th, sources revealed that SHEIN is considering building a factory in Mexico to shorten delivery time to Latin American customers and reduce distribution costs. The final location of the Mexican factory has not yet been determined. Previously, the company announced its plan to establish a manufacturing network in Brazil to serve its global customer base.
Source: Jiemian News
7. Zhejiang to Add over 10,000 Cross-border E-commerce Export Stores
On May 25th, the Zhejiang Provincial Government Office issued the “Measures to Expand Markets, Increase Orders, and Stabilize Foreign Trade”, launching the “Shop Global” and “Brand Going Abroad” actions for cross-border e-commerce and aiming to add over 10,000 cross-border e-commerce export stores by 2023. The province will also conduct “100 Events and 10,000 Enterprises” e-commerce market expansion activities and newly evaluate a batch of well-known brands in cross-border e-commerce export, with a total of more than 200 estimated. In addition, the government will support cross-border e-commerce companies to register foreign brands and domestic trademarks in different categories.
Source: Zhejiang Release
8. TikTok Shop in Vietnam Sees Growth Rate of 25% in Q1 2023
On May 25th, Decision Lab and the Vietnam Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) released a report for the first quarter of 2023, “The Connected Consumer”, which showed that compared with the fourth quarter of 2022, the usage rate of TikTok Shop in the first quarter of 2023 continued to grow, reaching 25%. Therefore, since its launch in Vietnam in the first quarter of 2022, the platform’s usage rate has steadily increased by 5% each quarter. Despite achieving a much higher usage rate than TikTok Shop, the two “giants” Shopee and Lazada have experienced a decline in this index.
Compared with the fourth quarter of 2022, the usage rates of Shopee and Lazada in the first quarter of this year decreased by 2% and 3%, respectively, to 79% and 59%.
Source: Seller Home
WeChat Official Account: Cross-Border E-Commerce Logistics Master
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- The conversion API has added a new metric additional converted events!
- Dry goods | How to coordinate the website to enhance the promotion atmosphere during the event
- Asos has reached a refinancing agreement! Financing of 75 million pounds!
- Tokopedia’s sales in the beauty and personal care category have doubled! Best-selling products announced!
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited’s Senior Vice President Han Yingjiao Mainland technology companies should consider Hong Kong as the best platform for listing capital
- Report on the usage of Vietnam’s e-commerce platforms in the first quarter of 2023
- Report on Social Media Usage in Vietnam in the First Quarter of 2023