300,000 orders! Order volume in these categories sharply increased for Brazilian Mother’s Day!
'Order volume for Brazilian Mother's Day sharply increased, reaching 300,000 orders in these categories'
AMZ23 learned that the e-commerce sales revenue in Brazil’s Mother’s Day increased by 10% in 2023. The data was released by Admitad, an affiliate marketing platform managed by German technology holding company Mitgo. The platform analyzed the behavior of 300,000 orders placed by Brazilian customers on the Internet in the week before Mother’s Day in 2023.
According to the survey, most of the orders came from e-commerce platforms. During Mother’s Day, e-commerce sales increased by 5%. Various e-commerce platforms attracted customers through promotions, gift packaging, and additional discount coupons. About 8% of buyers used discount coupons in transactions.
Although the percentage of sales revenue increased, the average purchase price slightly decreased compared to usual, from 157.50 Brazilian reals to 155 Brazilian reals. It can be seen that Brazilian buyers continue to be cautious about their financial situation.
The most popular products on Mother’s Day
During the analysis period, the most popular categories among consumers were beauty and personal care products, accounting for 13.5% of all online purchases. Secondly, electronic products accounted for 12.5% of total orders. Followed by home and garden (9.6%), jewelry and accessories (8.7%), and women’s clothing (7%).
- DIY nail art trend is sweeping the world! The latest popular colors for 2023 are revealed!
- How to ship sensitive goods to Germany
- Introduction to the operation process and fee standards for returning and exchanging labels at Italian overseas warehouses
The data shows that many people postponed purchasing Mother’s Day gifts until a few days before the holiday, which led to a sudden surge in orders for women’s clothing (18.8%), home and garden (16.8%), and baby products (12.8%) during those days.
When choosing gifts, 20% of consumers were influenced by product information from affiliated stores. Recommendations from content platforms, blogs, and online media also played a role, driving 16.5% of purchases.
Business Dialogue has learned that influential recommendations and targeted social media advertising can provide an additional 8% of orders. In addition, contextual advertising attracted customers’ attention in 7% of orders.
Statement: This article is the copyright of Business Dialogue and may not be reproduced without permission.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Might be restructured? There is a risk of bankruptcy for Cross-border e-commerce platform!
- Return of Goods Operation Guide What is the return of goods? What situations do not apply to the return of goods?
- Spain Overseas Warehouse Prices
- How is the storage fee calculated for the Spanish overseas warehouse?
- Global E-commerce Platform Traffic Report for the first quarter of 2023
- How much value can an excellent foreign trade management software bring to the enterprise?
- Don’t just focus on Southeast Asia, there is a more potential market – it