Preview of China’s Cross-border E-commerce Industry Development from 2023 to 2028
Preview of China's Cross-border E-commerce Industry Development from 2023 to 2028 --> Summary of China's Cross-border E-commerce Industry from 2023-2028
1. Overview of the Cross-border E-commerce Industry Chain
The cross-border e-commerce industry chain includes cross-border e-commerce import and export entities, as well as cross-border e-commerce service providers. Cross-border e-commerce service providers mainly include supporting service industries such as cross-border payments, cross-border finance, and cross-border logistics. The cross-border e-commerce industry chain in China is as follows:
Currently, the cross-border e-commerce industry chain in China is rich in enterprises. Representative export cross-border e-commerce enterprises include Alibaba’s AliExpress, Global-e, Best Logistics, and Walmart; Import cross-border e-commerce includes Tmall Global, JD Worldwide, Koala, and Yangmatou.
2. Development Status and Market Size Analysis
- Breaking through the situation of overseas e-commerce, Meta helps sellers reduce costs and increase efficiency
- UPS subsidiary Roadie launches same-day delivery service for oversized items; Maersk adds more ships to Asia-Europe route | Cross-border e-commerce Daily
- Shein USA platform is online, and Anker is one of the first brands to settle in
Cross-border e-commerce import and export scale increases by 15%
In the context of the global economic recovery still being affected by the pandemic, and different degrees of setbacks, China’s import and export scale has still achieved continuous growth. According to data from the General Administration of Customs, in 2021, China’s cross-border e-commerce import and export scale was about RMB 1.9237 trillion, an increase of 18.6% compared to 2020.
3. Industry Competitive Landscape and Market Share
1. Competitive factions in China’s cross-border e-commerce industry
Cross-border e-commerce refers to an international business activity in which trading entities located in different customs territories complete transactions through e-commerce platforms, conduct electronic payment settlements, and deliver goods through cross-border e-commerce logistics and overseas warehousing.
Currently, the main representative enterprises in China’s cross-border e-commerce industry include Anker, Lianluo Interactive, Huading Shares, Xinghui Shares, Global-e, Tianze Information, Onion Group, Guangbo Shares, and Lanting Jishi.
Currently, the enterprises in China’s cross-border e-commerce industry are mainly divided into two categories: export cross-border e-commerce and import cross-border e-commerce.
The export cross-border e-commerce can be divided into B2B and B2C categories. B2B enterprises include Alibaba, China Manufacturing Network, and Global Flying. B2C enterprises include Amazon, Global AliExpress, and ANK Innovations.
The import cross-border e-commerce can also be divided into B2B and B2C categories. B2B enterprises include Hangyun Group and Bentudou. B2C enterprises include Tmall International, JD International, and Kaola Haigou.
2. Market Ranking of China’s Cross-border E-commerce Industry
According to the “2021 China E-commerce Top 100” released by NetEase, the highest-valued cross-border e-commerce enterprise is SHEIN, with a market value of 300 billion yuan. ANK Innovations is second with a market value exceeding 40 billion yuan. KZmall ranks third with a market value of 35 billion yuan.
3. Cross-border E-commerce Enterprises are Mainly Registered in the Yangtze River Delta and the Pearl River Delta
According to the Chinese enterprise database Qichamao, China’s cross-border e-commerce enterprises are mainly distributed in the Yangtze River Delta and the Pearl River Delta, especially represented by Guangdong and Jiangsu.
As of the end of September 2022, Guangdong has a total of 3423 relevant cross-border e-commerce enterprises, Zhejiang has 518, and Jiangsu has 502.
4. B2B is the Main Trading Model of Cross-border E-commerce
In terms of trading models, B2B is currently the main trading model for China’s cross-border e-commerce, accounting for 77% in 2021. However, from the perspective of development trends, the proportion of B2C trading model has been increasing year by year. With the expansion of China’s cross-border e-commerce industry scale and coverage, the scale of B2C transactions will gradually expand in the future.
5. Industry Development Prospects and Trend Predictions
– China’s cross-border e-commerce transaction scale will reach 15.7 trillion yuan in 2022.
The introduction of the E-commerce Law and the series of new policies on cross-border e-commerce will further regulate China’s cross-border e-commerce market, improve the overall quality of the market, promote the healthy development of the cross-border e-commerce industry, and at the same time, the trend of globalization and consumption upgrading will drive the continuous growth of China’s cross-border e-commerce transaction scale.
According to NetEase, it is predicted that China’s cross-border e-commerce transaction scale will reach 15.7 trillion yuan in 2022, of which the export cross-border e-commerce transaction scale accounts for 77%, reaching 12.1 trillion yuan; the import cross-border e-commerce transaction scale accounts for 23%, reaching 3.6 trillion yuan.
——Three major directions of cross-border e-commerce worth paying attention to in the future
In the future, there will be three major directions to pay attention to in cross-border e-commerce: independent websites, cross-border logistics, and compliance requirements.
– E N D –
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Daily Shop of BusinessDialogue Members | May Week 2 Case Summary [Beauty Category]
- Three main points to note when setting up a red chip framework
- Nanny-level tutorial, register ChatGPT in one minute!
- Excavating the Middle East Market! The Golden Mine of buying Chinese-made products is waiting for cross-border merchants
- Foreign trade these export products are selling like hotcakes! Check out the list of 12 popular products
- What is the difference between HTTP proxy protocol and HTTPS proxy protocol on the Smartproxy official website?
- In the first quarter, the parcel volume in Italy reached 160 million pieces! These three categories have the highest proportion!