How to choose a reliable Canadian overseas warehouse? Tips for selecting a Canadian overseas warehouse
Tips for choosing a reliable Canadian overseas warehouse
Choosing a reliable overseas warehouse is crucial for cross-border e-commerce sellers. Only when the safety of the overseas warehouse is guaranteed can sellers to a greater extent avoid logistics risks and losses. Therefore, today we will introduce how to select a reliable Canadian overseas warehouse.
1. Check the authenticity of the warehouse
- What is the current status of the development of US overseas warehouses? How to choose a US overseas warehouse
- How is the size of Canada’s e-commerce market? Analysis of the current situation of Canada’s cross-border e-commerce market
- How to ensure compliance in stocking? Saivs provides the answer
Canadian sellers will first consider the authenticity of the warehouse when choosing an overseas warehouse. They will judge whether the overseas warehouse is authentic by looking up the warehouse address and the contact information of the warehouse liaison. Currently, there are some service providers in the market that do not have actual warehouses in North America themselves, but instead conduct overseas warehouse business by acting as agents for other people’s warehouses. Once these service providers have a dispute of interest with their partners, they can easily cause goods losses to sellers.
2. Check the stability of the warehouse’s business
First of all, the establishment years of the overseas warehouse can be used to judge. The overseas warehouse with a shorter establishment period may have a less stable business. Secondly, the business structure of the overseas warehouse can be used to judge. An overseas warehouse with a too single business structure may have a relatively low business stability.
3. Check the transparency of the warehouse’s quotation
Currently, some overseas warehouses attract customers by offering discounts or rent-free periods. However, warehouse rent is a fixed cost, and such overseas warehouses may add various additional fees later. As the goods are already in the hands of the other party, many sellers can only accept it. Therefore, sellers prefer overseas warehouses with transparent quotations.
4. Check the safety of storage
Overseas warehouses without shelves often stack goods to fully utilize storage space, which easily causes compression, deformation, and other situations, resulting in damage to the goods. Therefore, sellers prefer overseas warehouses with complete shelves that can better protect the safety of goods. In addition, sellers also pay attention to whether the overseas warehouse has security measures such as surveillance cameras, security doors, and so on.
5. Check the timeliness of communication
Due to the time difference between domestic and overseas, if the overseas warehouse cannot provide timely feedback during communication with customers, it will hinder the sales business of sellers and customers. Therefore, overseas warehouses with high communication efficiency are more favored by sellers, which can help sellers save communication costs and improve business efficiency.
6. Check the location of the warehouse
The location of the overseas warehouse affects two core factors: the business coverage and transportation convenience. Sellers usually choose overseas warehouses that match their business scope and also consider whether the overseas warehouse is close to transportation hubs such as airports and ports, or various types of last-mile logistics sites, which are convenient for receiving and delivering goods.
7. Check the degree of warehouse informatization
Whether the overseas warehouse has a management system and the degree of informatization are also important factors affecting seller’s choices. Overseas warehouses need to be connected with sellers, platforms, logistics, and other parties. With a management system, overseas warehouses can easily achieve information synchronization, including efficient circulation of order information, inventory information, and logistics information. This can help sellers reduce operating costs and improve order turnover rate.
Above are some tips for choosing a Canadian overseas warehouse, I hope it can be helpful to everyone.
Scan the QR code below to get free access to market trends and analysis of overseas warehouses in popular regions such as Europe, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and more.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- What is the return and exchange process for Australian overseas warehouses?
- Why are the Swiss franc and Japanese yen considered special currencies in the foreign exchange market?
- What is the current status of overseas warehouses in emerging markets? How is the development of overseas warehouses in Southeast Asia?
- The world’s largest industrial real estate company, Prologis, stated that logistics real estate rents will increase by 10% in 2023
- How to conduct effective global consumer insight research – What tools can be used?
- Southern Airlines Logistics plans to spin off and go public; Tik Tok is restructuring its e-commerce department
- What are the impacts of changes to a business license on a company, and what are some of the circumstances?