How much do you know about the quarantine and health requirements for imported Brazilian terrestrial animal protein feed?
What do you know about Brazilian animal feed quarantine and health requirements?
1. What is the scope of Brazilian land animal protein feed allowed for import?
The scope of Brazilian land animal protein feed allowed for import refers to poultry protein feed and pork protein feed, including meat meal, bone meal, meat and bone meal, blood meal, and feather meal, etc.
2. What are the requirements for production enterprises?
- Preview of China’s Cross-border E-commerce Industry Development from 2023 to 2028
- Breaking through the situation of overseas e-commerce, Meta helps sellers reduce costs and increase efficiency
- UPS subsidiary Roadie launches same-day delivery service for oversized items; Maersk adds more ships to Asia-Europe route | Cross-border e-commerce Daily
Brazilian enterprises that export land animal protein feed to China should be approved by the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (referred to as “Brazilian side”) and produce under effective supervision of the Brazilian side. They should have implemented the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality management system or established a quality management system based on the HACCP principle, and have formulated and effectively executed product tracing and recall system.
Brazilian enterprises that export land animal protein feed to China should be recommended by the Brazilian side to the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (referred to as “Chinese side”), and after being reviewed and approved by the Chinese side, they should be registered. The validity period of the registration is 5 years, and if there are any changes in the registered enterprises, the Brazilian side should promptly inform and confirm with the Chinese side.
3. What are the requirements for imported goods?
01 Requirements for animal source materials:
1. The source animals for raw materials were born and raised in Brazil, and were slaughtered in officially approved slaughterhouses. They were inspected before and after slaughter, and showed no symptoms of any legally notifiable diseases.
2. The source animals for raw materials were not subject to movement restrictions or killed due to animal epidemics.
3. If the raw materials are imported, they should come from countries that have been approved by the Chinese side to export such raw materials to China.
4. No ruminant animal materials were used, and effective measures were taken to prevent contamination by ruminant animal-derived components.
5. The raw materials are from non-epidemic areas of foot-and-mouth disease, classical swine fever, African swine fever, swine vesicular disease, and highly pathogenic avian influenza.
02 Production and Processing Requirements
1. It must undergo heat treatment at a central temperature of not less than 90℃ for at least 15 minutes, or adopt other equivalent processing methods recognized by China for heat treatment.
2. No prohibited substances such as animal-derived materials of unknown origin and ruminant animal-derived materials were added during the production and processing process.
3. Effective measures are taken during production, post-production, and transportation to avoid contamination.
03 Production Product Requirements
The product complies with Brazilian laws and regulations and is allowed to be freely sold in Brazil. The Brazilian side randomly samples each batch of imported animal protein feed to China and tests it according to the following requirements:
1. The PCR method recognized by the Brazilian side or other methods recognized by China is used for testing in a laboratory recognized by the Brazilian side, and the result does not contain ruminant animal-derived components. The limit for detecting ruminant animal-derived component DNA using the PCR method is 0.1%.
2. It meets the requirements of Salmonella and Enterobacteriaceae:
Salmonella: not detected in 25g of sample: n=5, c=0, m=0, M=0;
Enterobacteriaceae: 10 in 1g of sample: n=5, c=2, m=10, M=3×102;
n – number of samples tested;
m – threshold of bacterial count, if the bacterial count in all samples does not exceed m, the result is qualified;
M – The maximum value of bacterial count. If the bacterial count in one or more samples is equal to or greater than M, the result is considered unacceptable;
c – the number of samples with bacterial counts between m and M. If the bacterial count in other samples is less than or equal to m, the result is still considered acceptable.
4. What are the inspection and certificate requirements before export?
The Brazilian side is responsible for issuing a veterinary health certificate for each batch of land animal protein feed that meets the requirements of the bilateral agreement on inspection and quarantine.
If there is a change in the official seal or format of the health certificate sample for veterinary health certificates, the Brazilian side should promptly notify the Chinese side.
5. What are the requirements for packaging and labeling?
The Brazilian land animal protein feed exported to China should be packed in safe and clean materials with good sealing performance and not easily damaged.
The outer packaging should be labeled in accordance with relevant Chinese requirements, and should be marked with the words “Not for human use” or “For feed production only” etc.
6. What are the requirements for entry-exit inspection and quarantine?
01. Is quarantine approval required?
Yes. The importer should obtain the “Import Animal and Plant Quarantine Permit” in accordance with relevant regulations before signing the trade contract.
02. Which documents should be verified?
1. Verify if the “Import Animal and Plant Quarantine Permit” is attached.
2. Verify if it comes from a registered Brazilian production enterprise.
3. Verify if the health certificate is authentic and valid.
03. Is cargo inspection required?
The Chinese customs, in accordance with relevant laws, administrative regulations, rules and quarantine and health requirements, conducts inspection and quarantine on Brazilian terrestrial animal protein feed imported to China. Those that pass the inspection and quarantine will be allowed to enter the country.
Customs handling of non-compliance:
1. Products without valid health certificates will be returned or destroyed.
2. Products from Brazilian production enterprises that are not registered will be returned or destroyed.
3. Products that have detected unauthorized animal-sourced ingredients will be returned or destroyed.
4. If soil, animal carcasses, animal excreta, or other prohibited items are found, they will be exterminated, returned or destroyed in accordance with relevant regulations.
5. If safety and health projects do not meet Chinese feed hygiene standards after testing, they will be exterminated, returned, or destroyed.
6. If loose packaging or broken containers are found, the consignor or agent shall be responsible for sorting them out. If the packaging is damaged and there is a risk of spreading animal and plant diseases, the contaminated site, items, and utensils shall be disinfected.
If significant safety and health issues are discovered, China will inform Brazil. For production enterprises that have repeatedly failed to meet the standards or have serious problems, China may strengthen inspection and quarantine or cancel their overseas production enterprise registration.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Shein USA platform is online, and Anker is one of the first brands to settle in
- Daily Shop of BusinessDialogue Members | May Week 2 Case Summary [Beauty Category]
- Three main points to note when setting up a red chip framework
- Nanny-level tutorial, register ChatGPT in one minute!
- Excavating the Middle East Market! The Golden Mine of buying Chinese-made products is waiting for cross-border merchants
- Foreign trade these export products are selling like hotcakes! Check out the list of 12 popular products
- What is the difference between HTTP proxy protocol and HTTPS proxy protocol on the Smartproxy official website?