Giant Interactive | What are Google’s Overseas Accounts & Conversion Attribution Mechanisms
Please provide information on Google's overseas accounts and conversion attribution mechanisms for Giant Interactive
In the field of digital marketing, conversion attribution refers to tracking and analyzing user behavior to determine which marketing channels or activities have an impact on conversions, thereby helping advertisers optimize their advertising strategies. Google’s conversion attribution mechanism is also widely adopted based on this principle. Below, we will talk about Google’s conversion attribution mechanism!
1. Definition of Google Conversion Attribution
Google conversion attribution refers to comparing and analyzing the conversion events of a company, such as purchases, registrations, inquiries, etc., with all the behavior traces of users before and after purchase, in order to identify which channels or media contribute the most to conversion events.
2. Types of Google Conversion Attribution
- [Google Ads] Introduction to the New Interface of Google Ads Account
- Advantages of Google Ads for Overseas Users
- Giant Interactive | What are the key strategies for Google overseas accounts and Google advertising placement?
Currently, Google supports the following three types of conversion attribution models:
1. Last Click Attribution Model
The Last Click Attribution model is Google’s default conversion attribution model, which attempts to attribute all the value of the final purchase or conversion event to the last clicked media or keyword. This model is suitable for advertising campaigns with high direct conversion rates, but often ignores the contribution of other marketing channels to the decision-making process.
2. Linear Attribution Model
The Linear Attribution model evenly distributes the value of all marketing activities that lead to user conversion, that is, it divides the contribution of advertising activities and their conversion events equally among all media or keywords involved in the marketing activities. This model is suitable for long-cycle purchase decisions and customers with multiple contacts, but it is difficult to reflect the impact of certain key paths on conversion rates.
3. Time Decay Attribution Model
The Time Decay Attribution model assigns conversion value to activities that generate conversions close to the time of purchase, with higher-ranked activities contributing more. By considering the time point at which users interact with ads, this model assigns weights to advertising behaviors to better reflect the impact of key paths on conversion rates. However, this model often tends to pursue short-term effects excessively and ignore the contribution of long-term value and brand building.
3. Implementation of Google Conversion Attribution
Google provides a series of tools and reports to help advertisers implement conversion attribution:
1. Conversion statistics in reports, such as the number of conversions, conversion rate, and conversion value.
2. Conversion tracking tags, that is, Google Ads script code, which allows you to track specific conversion events.
3. Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels report which can help you understand the impact of different channels and media on conversion events.
4. Search query reports and Network Topology Reports for Google Ads search, which can help you understand the conversion contribution of keywords and media for advertising delivery.
4. Limitations of Google Conversion Attribution
Although Google’s conversion attribution model can help companies analyze and optimize advertising delivery strategies, there are also some limitations:
1. The actual effectiveness of the conversion attribution model is influenced by various factors, such as customer decision paths and purchase cycles. A single model is difficult to fully reflect all situations.
2. Conversion tracking tags need to be added to the advertiser’s website. If they are not added correctly, conversion events cannot be tracked.
3. The conversion attribution model can only integrate data into the Google Ads platform and cannot compare data with other platforms.
The Google conversion attribution mechanism is an important concept in the digital marketing field, which can help advertisers analyze and optimize advertising delivery strategies, improve conversion rates and ROI. However, due to the complex customer decision path and the influence of various factors, it is necessary to choose the appropriate conversion attribution model and implementation method according to the specific situation. The above is the content that the author learned by querying relevant information, hoping to bring you some help.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- How to place Google Ads promotions? A beginner’s guide to Google Ads advertising placement
- Google Website Building Guide (Common Misconceptions in Building Google Websites for Foreign Trade)
- Why is it difficult to run Google UAC for the card game (ZJ)?
- Morning Briefing | Summer sales promotion is coming, Meta ASC ads help boost sales; Google launches AI tools to assist marketers in creating ads
- Suggested bookmark 2023 Google’s new search rules
- After Pinduoduo was removed from Google, how much impact will it have on Temu?
- Foreign Trade Online Promotion How to Promote a Foreign Trade Website