Half of Belgian consumers shop on Bolcom and Amazon!
50% of Belgian consumers shop on Bolcom and Amazon
BusinessDialogue has learned that a new study commissioned by Comeos, the Belgian e-commerce trade association, shows that a total of 2,000 Belgians were surveyed about their online purchasing behavior. Last year, nine out of ten Belgian internet users between the ages of 18 and 70 had made at least one purchase online. At least 33% of Belgian consumers said they frequently use these online stores to purchase some kind of product. Another 40% shop at three online stores.
According to the report’s data, 50% of Belgian consumers shop online at online marketplaces such as Bol.com and Amazon. Competitive pricing, free delivery, and a wide range of products are the main reasons why these consumers prefer these platforms.
23% Start to Search for Products on Google
When Belgian consumers are looking for products they don’t often buy, at least 23% of consumers start searching on Google or Bing. Another 15% start searching for products on e-commerce platforms, and 11% focus on online stores. However, at least 25% of Belgians will first go to physical stores when they need such products.
For each product type, at least 33% of Belgians will return to the same online store to make a purchase. Another 40% return to three online stores to make purchases.
- Stimulate Prime user growth! Amazon plans to launch free mobile phone service!
- Do you know these three tricky issues with Amazon?
- How to remove Amazon’s review restrictions? Detailed steps shared!
When asked about their recent purchasing behavior, 50% of consumers said they did not consider any other online stores except the one they placed their order with. 79% of people said they had previously placed an order with the same online store. When Belgian consumers are satisfied with a particular online store, they no longer look to the store’s competitors.
BusinessDialogue understands that Belgian consumers do not like having to create a membership account in online stores. Perhaps this is why they often shop at the same store. At least 34% of people said they would cancel their purchase if they were required to open a membership account. And 71% of people hope to be rewarded by creating a membership account in the form of discounts or loyalty points.
Statement: This article is copyrighted by BusinessDialogue. Reproduction without permission is prohibited.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- 【Amazon Daily Shop &203】Americans’ pursuit of ambient lighting far exceeds our imagination!
- 28 Essential Operations Knowledge and Common Problem Response Strategies for Amazon
- Amazon Brand Advertising Complete Guide Creation, Performance Evaluation, Strategies, and Common Questions
- The World Trade Organization has released the latest Goods Trade Barometer; China’s total import and export of services from January to April increased by 91% year-on-year; the number of sellers on Amazon Brazil has exceeded 50,000 | Cross-border Intelligence Bureau
- Tik Tok’s goal for 2023 is to reach a GMV of 12 billion US dollars; COSCO Shipping has launched FBA services in Canada
- Tips and methods for Facebook ad placement, how to solve limited placement functionality
- What is the function of Amazon product reviews? What are the different review methods available?