The 2023 Fortune 500 list of the United States has been announced! Amazon has ranked second for four consecutive years!
Amazon ranked 2nd in the 2023 Fortune 500 list of the US for the 4th year in a row!
BusinessDialogue has learned that on June 5th, Fortune magazine released its latest ranking of the Fortune 500 companies in the United States for 2023, marking the 69th consecutive year that Fortune has published the list. The threshold for making the list this year was $7.2 billion, a 13% increase from the previous year.
Overall, the total revenue of the companies on the list was $18.1 trillion, a 13% increase from the previous year and equivalent to two-thirds of the United States’ 2022 GDP. The total profits of the companies on the list were approximately $1.56 trillion, a decrease of about 15% from the previous year and the second time in three years that there has been a decrease.
The top ten companies on the 2023 Fortune 500 list are:
3. Exxon Mobil
5. UnitedHealth Group
6. CVS Health
7. Berkshire Hathaway
- Amazon will have nearly 100,000 sellers update their backend verification information
- Quick Analysis and Optimization of Amazon Advertising Data
- Advertising not effective? Come and see if you stepped on a mine
Walmart, with revenue of $5.7 trillion, has been ranked first for eleven consecutive years. Amazon.com has ranked second for four consecutive years, with revenue growth of 9% and breaking the $510 billion mark. Exxon Mobil’s revenue surged by 45%, propelling it to third place and pushing Apple to fourth. UnitedHealth Group is fifth, followed by CVS Health, Berkshire Hathaway, Alphabet, and McKesson. Chevron, which had a 52% increase in annual revenue, returned to the top ten list for the first time since 2015.
In terms of profitability, Apple had a profit of $99.803 billion last year, an increase of about 5.4% from the previous year, and has topped the profit list for eight consecutive years. Microsoft had a profit of $72.738 billion last year, an increase of about 18.7% from the previous year, and rose to second place on the profit list. Energy giants’ profitability was noteworthy among the top ten most profitable companies: Exxon Mobil had a profit of $55.74 billion last year, an increase of 141.9% from the previous year, ranking fourth on the profit list, while Chevron had a profit of $35.465 billion last year, a 127% increase from the previous year, and returned to the top ten on the profit list.
The companies on this year’s list are located in 224 different cities across 38 states. Texas has the most Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state with a total of 55. California ranks second with 53 companies, while New York comes in third with 50 companies. In terms of cities, New York City has the most companies with 40, followed by Houston with 22, Atlanta with 15, Chicago with 13, and Dallas with 11.
Translated by Nicole/AMZ123
Disclaimer: This article is copyrighted by BusinessDialogue. No reproduction or use of this article is permitted without written permission from BusinessDialogue.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Facebook Ads for Overseas Accounts – Is it running for conversion or traffic?
- Did the Amazon hot sellers in May for cross-border e-commerce inspire your selection of export products?
- Meesho’s downloads have exceeded the 500 million mark, making it a powerful competitor to Amazon!
- Brief discussion on Amazon Vendor Central Overseas Warehouse Transit
- New Site! Amazon Turkey Site Trial Operation is Now Open
- Amazon Daily Store 78｜Creating specific outdoor listings, segmenting buyer user groups
- Amazon celebrates the 10th anniversary of its India site, with sellers enjoying a 10% commission exemption