Amazon was exposed to have sold non-compliant smoke detectors, which caused criticism and were quickly taken down!
Amazon sold non-compliant smoke detectors and quickly took them down after receiving criticism
BusinessDialogue learned that according to foreign media reports, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a warning that the “BQQZHZ” brand combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors sold on Amazon may not work properly, putting consumers at great risk.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission stated that the price of each detector is not high, only $46. However, they cannot provide any warning function. Consumers have been unknowingly purchasing these useless detectors.
In response to this news, Lauren Kirchner, an investigative journalist for Consumer Reports, joked: “I am very shocked because the products produced by the trusted, loyal, and steadfast brand ‘BQQZHZ’ are dangerous garbage.”
As a response, Amazon quickly removed the product from its platform. However, the company did not issue any statement.
- Top selling list first place! These products on Amazon are all bestsellers!
- Container loss rate hits a new low! Only 000026%!
- Amazon employees plan to strike next week due to the policy of returning to the office
According to reports, US experts have long warned that the Amazon platform is full of various prohibited and unsafe products. A survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal in 2019 found that more than 4,000 products sold on Amazon have safety hazards. Half of them are toys or drugs without necessary warning labels.
In 2021, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission sued Amazon in an attempt to prevent third-party sellers from selling dangerous products on its platform. Among these products are flammable children’s pajamas, hair dryers that may cause electric shock and, of course, malfunctioning carbon monoxide detectors.
BusinessDialogue understands that in addition to issuing recall warnings, exerting public pressure has become a more effective regulatory strategy for the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. In 2021, despite the US Consumer Product Safety Commission’s warning of significant danger, fitness brand Peloton refused to recall its treadmills until the commission released a video of a child being sucked under a Peloton treadmill, after which the company relented and issued a recall.
Statement: This article is copyrighted by BusinessDialogue and may not be reproduced without permission
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- The second generation of entrepreneurs can also become big and strong A girl born in the 90s broke 10 million US dollars in GMV through cross-border e-commerce!
- What is a quality inspection report? What exactly is a quality inspection report?
- Postcard + mobile phone verification trend is coming! Summary of seller’s approval techniques!
- How to quickly and smoothly pass the dangerous goods review of Amazon?
- 2023 American Online Shopping Survey Report How influential is Amazon?
- Will e-commerce giant Amazon’s Chinese official website be shut down? The company responds!
- FBA Return and Exchange Label Process Explained A Simple and Efficient Cross-border E-commerce Solution