Amazon’s new policy! Sellers are required to undergo an annual review, and a large number of sellers will face the impact!
Amazon's new policy requires sellers to undergo an annual review, resulting in a significant impact on many sellers
Recently, Amazon sent out a sudden mass email notification for “verification”, causing countless Amazon sellers who received the email notification to be on edge.
Today, the president of the company, combined with the latest release of the U.S. “Consumer Notice Act” on the Amazon platform, unveils the truth behind the fog!
On May 11th, Amazon’s U.S. site disclosed the latest announcement: the U.S. “Consumer Notice Act” will take effect on June 27, 2023. This law stipulates that high-volume third-party sellers are obligated to provide their business information, and Amazon must collect, verify, and disclose this information.
- 2023 Amazon Japan Summer Product Launch, this category has a market worth of 276 billion US dollars!
- Amazon’s Current Status and Development Prospects
- Breaking news! Amazon’s new regulation requires account audit once a year! This new rule applies to almost all active sellers
Key points interpretation
1. Audit scope: In the past 24 months on the Amazon platform, for new products (or unused products), the sales volume has continuously reached (or exceeded) 200 units for 12 months, and the total transaction amount is more than $5,000. The threshold for high sales is relatively low, and most sellers will need to verify their information!
2. Audit materials: Seller identity information, government-issued identity documents, company addresses, bank account information, work email addresses, work phone numbers, and taxpayer identification numbers.
The above information must be the seller’s company name or a legally authorized representative of the seller.
3. Audit time limit: Sellers who meet the requirements must undergo information verification once a year.
Sellers must take relevant actions according to the email content within the specified time limit, otherwise, according to the new law, Amazon may withhold funds or suspend sales accounts.
Considering the information above, whether it’s the verification email that Amazon sent in the early stage or the new regulations of the US “Consumer Notification Act” this time, for compliant sellers, as long as they submit the relevant materials according to the regulations, they can usually pass smoothly. However, for some sellers who have problems such as purchasing accounts, changes in business licenses, and personal seller accounts, there may be verification difficulties and bottlenecks.
Due to the implementation of this “annual review” policy, these types of stores may eventually be slowly eliminated by Amazon due to legal person or material issues.
Therefore, the implementation of this policy may be the beginning of the next “crackdown on non-compliant accounts”, and in the future, the shops that can operate on Amazon for a long time will be those that are registered through compliant and legal channels. If there is any infringement, please delete.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Amazon’s Daily Store 65 | Taking the route of niche products, how to promote a large mouse pad?
- What are the advantages of using a US overseas warehouse for transit?
- Increase sales volume! Sellers who use Amazon’s own delivery service on the Amazon US, Canada, and Europe sites can now report Prime exclusive discounts!
- Classic! Promotional strategies for new products, don’t overlook losses!
- From Amazon’s recent platform policy changes/operations speculation, what does it want to do and what should sellers do?
- Share | Security Management of Amazon Account
- How to start a business and make money through side jobs, for e-commerce, you must choose a big platform – Amazon!