What is a US overseas warehouse? What services does it offer and how is it different from an FBA warehouse?
US overseas warehouse services offered & differences from FBA warehouse?
What is a US overseas warehouse? As the name suggests, it is a warehouse established in the United States. Cross-border sellers transport goods to domestic warehouses in the United States to achieve local delivery.
US overseas warehouses are divided into self-built warehouses and third-party warehouses. Self-built warehouses are warehouses rented by cross-border e-commerce companies themselves in the United States. Self-built warehouses are expensive, not only including the rent of the warehouse in the United States, but also the cost of management. Warehouse personnel also need to be familiar with the laws and regulations of the location of the warehouse to avoid problems in the future. This requires cross-border e-commerce companies to have a certain strength to build their own warehouses. It is not suitable for small and medium-sized sellers, so third-party US overseas warehouses are a good choice instead. #US overseas warehouse#
What services does a US overseas warehouse provide?
US overseas warehouses can provide many services, and can also provide customized services according to the needs of sellers, but the common services are mainly long-term storage, FBA return and exchange services, one-piece delivery services, FBA transit services, and inventory recovery services.
- What are the benefits of Facebook paid promotion agency management?
- Amazon’s new round of verification has come again, and the system has crashed!
- Giant Interactive | Facebook Service Provider & How to Use Facebook
1. Long-term storage
The US overseas warehouse can provide long-term storage services for cross-border sellers, which is convenient for sellers to transport goods to the United States in advance when the shipping price is low, and then sell directly from the US warehouse during the peak sales season. Sellers can not only save the cost of renting a warehouse domestically, but also avoid high shipping costs and logistics delays during the peak season.
2. FBA return and exchange services
When a seller’s product cannot continue to be sent to the warehouse due to logistics delays, listing review is not qualified or invalid, the product is accused of infringement, or the account is blocked, the seller can move the goods to the US overseas warehouse, and then transport them to the Amazon warehouse for sale after changing the label and packaging. This directly helps buyers avoid loss of goods.
3. One-piece shipment
The seller stores the goods in a US overseas warehouse. After the platform generates an order, the seller notifies the US overseas warehouse to sort and release the package, and then hands it over to local express delivery services such as USPS, DHL, and UPS. The package is shipped directly from the US domestic warehouse to the buyer, and the entire process of one-piece shipment takes only 1-3 days to reach the entire US, greatly improving delivery efficiency.
4. FBA transfer and replenishment
Sometimes, due to limited storage capacity, the seller cannot create goods, but if they wait until there is storage capacity and then ship from China, they may miss the selling season. At this time, the seller can ship in advance to the US overseas warehouse and transfer and replenish from the US overseas warehouse when there is storage capacity. This not only does not occupy storage capacity of the overseas warehouse, but also does not affect the normal sales of the seller’s products, and the seller can also promote new products.
5. Inventory recovery service
Many sellers often encounter the problem of Amazon inventory backlog, which has many reasons, some of which are due to platform reasons and some are due to the seller’s own product reasons. If these inventories are not cleared in time, not only do they occupy storage capacity, but they also consume the seller’s high storage costs, and they cannot create expected profits. The US overseas warehouse inventory recovery service is aimed at this type of product, and it helps sellers clear unsold inventory at a certain discounted price. The seller can not only free up storage capacity, but also recover some funds.
What is the difference between US overseas warehouses and Amazon FBA warehouses?
1. Amazon FBA warehouses do not provide customs clearance services, but most US overseas warehouses can provide importers to help sellers with customs clearance. Choosing FBA warehouse requires the seller to solve the first-mile delivery by themselves, but choosing an overseas warehouse can provide services including first-mile delivery, customs clearance, and last-mile delivery.
2. There are restrictions on the size, weight, and category of products in Amazon FBA warehouses, especially for large and oversized products. However, there are no such restrictions in US overseas warehouses. For large and oversized products, they can be stored and operated normally, but it depends on the size of the cooperating US overseas warehouse.
3. If a seller chooses the Amazon FBA warehouse, they can enjoy more official Amazon resources, such as increasing the exposure of seller products, improving the seller’s listing ranking, and helping sellers grab shopping carts, all of which are beneficial to increasing the traffic and sales of seller stores. However, using US overseas warehouse services may involve mostly local service provider resources.
4. Amazon is fully responsible for the end delivery and customer service of Amazon FBA warehouses. However, for buyer returns, Amazon will not help sellers confirm whether the product can still be sold, and will directly judge it as unsellable. In contrast, US overseas warehouses use their own delivery accounts, which may be more expensive, but they can help sellers detect the quality of returned products and determine whether they can be put back on the shelves for sale, which can help sellers reduce losses.
5. FBA warehouses only provide delivery services for orders processed through the system. Sellers need to affix labels. If the labels cannot be scanned, the goods cannot be shelved. US overseas warehouses are more flexible and can provide services such as assembly, relabeling, sorting, and delivery.
6. Apart from storage fees, there are almost no risks in storing products in US overseas warehouses. However, since FBA warehouses are associated with Amazon accounts, if there are any issues with products sold on Amazon and the account is closed, the goods stored in Amazon FBA warehouses will also be temporarily seized and cannot be sold.
Introduction to American overseas warehouses and FBA warehouses. In fact, American overseas warehouses and FBA warehouses have their own advantages and disadvantages, and they can complement each other, which can better help sellers.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Amazon ASIN Recommendations for Advertising Promotion
- What is the impact of receiving TRO on Amazon sellers? How should they respond?
- Using Chatgpt to help you operate your Amazon account has really good results
- Amazon appeal email How to write an effective Amazon appeal email
- Quickly bookmark it! How to deal with cross-border after-sales issues? Learn all the solutions in this article!
- Amazon Consumer Notification Act Solution to Account Suspension Risk
- Amazon Advertising 100 Questions – Part 2