eBay acquires clothing authentication provider Certilogo, consolidating its leading position in the second-hand market!
eBay buys Certilogo, strengthening its dominance in the resale market
eBay123 learned that according to foreign media reports, eBay has announced that it has signed a final agreement to acquire Certilogo, a provider of digital IDs and authentication for artificial intelligence clothing and fashion products.
Certilogo’s platform uses digital technology to enable brands and designers to manage the lifecycle of their clothing, while providing consumers with a seamless way to verify authenticity, obtain reliable information about brand products, and easily activate circular services.
This acquisition will further consolidate eBay’s position as the leading shopping platform for second-hand clothing, and also marks a major investment by eBay in the growing second-hand fashion category. Acquiring Certilogo will also provide eBay buyers with more confidence and convenience to make more sustainable purchasing choices.
eBay Vice President Charis Marquez said: “For years, consumers have regarded eBay as a reliable destination for buying and selling second-hand clothing and fashion products, not only because we offer a wide range of product choices, but also because we are committed to empowering sellers and buyers with the latest technology. Certilogo’s technology and team allow eBay to consolidate its position as a leader in the second-hand fashion industry and provide consumers with new ways to connect and interact with brands.”
- The eBay Verified Condition program will help to tap into the vast market of billions of dollars
- The number of personal sellers on eBay Germany has increased dramatically! Second-hand goods will continue to sell hot!
- eBay releases its 2022 Impact Report; China’s foreign trade exports grew by 108% in the first four months of this year
Certilogo CEO and founder Michele Casucci said: “The purpose of Certilogo’s creation is to establish a connection between consumers and brands, using technology to simplify and strengthen the connection between the two and provide relevant information, fundamentally changing the way they interact. With this acquisition, we will be able to make an immediate contribution and promote a community- and circular-based model using the already integrated skills and infrastructure.”
eBay123 understands that eBay has signed a final agreement to acquire Certilogo, which will begin on May 15, 2023. The transaction is subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approval, and is expected to be completed in the third quarter. eBay and Certilogo have not disclosed any other details.
The author ✎ Nicole/eBay123
Statement: This article is copyrighted by eBay123. Reproduction without permission is prohibited.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Sales of clothing and accessories on eBay have surged, with the announcement of popular products!
- How to quickly improve your eBay store product performance Key optimization techniques
- Cross-border full insight! eBay releases 2022 Impact Report; China’s foreign trade exports grew by 108% in the first four months of this year
- eBay’s refurbished product plan is open on six major sites, ushering in new opportunities for green economy
- Amazon launches a new ranking feature; eBay awards $500,000 to support small and medium-sized sellers
- eBay Ad Placement Tips Double the Effectiveness of PLA Placements
- Several methods to increase eBay sales, teaching you to become a high-sales seller!