Sales soar! eBay launches authentic certification service for streetwear fashion!
eBay launches certification for streetwear fashion sales
eBay123 has learned that eBay recently announced the expansion of its authentication service to streetwear. Starting from June 1, streetwear will become the sixth category of items eligible for eBay’s authentication service. Previously, the platform had already expanded this service to sneakers, watches, jewelry, handbags, and trading cards.
Now, eBay will provide verification for all eligible streetwear items over $200 purchased and sold in the United States. The goods will be shipped to an advanced facility in New Jersey and examined and authenticated by a team of professionally trained appraisers.
eBay authentication experts will conduct a multi-point inspection of the items, including examining the structure, materials, labels and markings of the clothing, as well as packaging and accessories. Verified items will be accompanied by a unique authentication label with a QR code, which buyers can scan to obtain relevant verification documents.
Currently, verified brands include Aimé Leon Dore, Bape, Fear of God, Kith, Off-White, Palace, Stone Island, Supreme, and Vetements. By the end of September, eBay will expand its authentication service to other eligible brands, including Adidas, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, Burberry, Cactus Plant Flea Market, Chrome Hearts, Comme des Garçons, Dior, Eric Emanuel, Fendi, Givenchy, Gucci, Jordan, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Ovo, Palm Angels, Prada, Rhude, Versace and Visvim.
- Apply now! eBay launched the 2023 Up & Running Grant Program!
- How to operate one-piece delivery of eBay orders from UK overseas warehouse? What are the precautions?
- Effective methods to increase your eBay exposure, a must-read for novice eBay sellers!
eBay reports that from Q4 2019 to Q4 2022, its luxury category has seen “approximately” double-digit year-over-year growth, and its authentication service has increased consumer confidence, including new plans such as brand authentication, making consumers more willing to purchase items from eBay.
Currently, there is a high demand among eBay shoppers for streetwear. In April 2023, searches for “streetwear” increased by approximately 100% compared to the previous year, with search queries for the “Supreme” brand exceeding 30 times per minute. In 2022, the best-selling streetwear brands on eBay included Bape, Fear of God, Off-White, Stone Island, and Supreme.
The author ✎ Nicole/eBay123
Declaration: This article is copyrighted by eBay123 and may not be reproduced without permission
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Glastonbury Music Festival is back! These trendy equipment on eBay are in high demand!
- Cross-border insights! eBay Germany’s summer hot-selling products are freshly announced
- eBay Canada Surprise Lucky Draw Event! $100 shipping coupon is waiting for you to claim!
- eBay has announced a partnership with the Romanian Postal Service! Read this article to understand the relevant registration process for eBay
- eBay Father’s Day promotion strategy is coming! Boosting traffic and sales for sellers! Cross-border e-commerce morning news
- New seller’s starter kit on eBay Japan, with commission cashback up to $200!
- Focusing on vertical categories, the eBay Trendy Goods & Vertical Category Operations Guide Closed-door Meeting series salon is now open!