Worse than last year! Both Lazada and Shopee’s data have dropped again, and the expected recovery of sellers has not been as expected! A summary of the data for major e-commerce platforms in Southeast Asia in May~
Summary Lazada and Shopee's data dropped again in May, and the expected recovery of sellers was not as expected
Yesterday, Similarwed, a data analysis website, released the desktop and mobile visits and related data of various e-commerce platforms in Southeast Asia in May 2023, as follows:
01 | “Recovery” postponed, total visits decreased by 2% compared to the previous month
In terms of total visits, the total visits of Lazada/Shopee websites (Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam) in May were 657 million, a decrease of 2% from the 670 million in the previous month. Last year, this number was positive at 3.1%.
This means that the visit data of the two platforms began to increase last May, welcoming the arrival of the peak season in the second half of the year, but this good sign did not appear in May this year.
- How is the Lazada official certified operation? What services can the operation provide to merchants?
- Beware of fraud! Don’t be fooled! Lazada’s officially certified service providers share important information that all merchants must pay attention to
- Sell out Southeast Asia’s domestic beauty products has opened up a path to the sea, Lazada’s shared operation
Among them, the total visits to Lazada’s websites were 209.9 million, a decrease of 4.8% from the previous month; the total visits to Shopee’s websites were 447.1 million, a decrease of 0.6% from the previous month;
The data shows that in May, the visit data of the two platforms in the Thai and Vietnamese markets increased, while other sites performed poorly.
In addition, it is worth noting that although the month-on-month growth rate of Lazada’s Singapore site exceeded 10% (11.8%), it still failed to surpass Amazon. This is also the first time that Lazada’s Singapore site has had two consecutive months of visit data lower than Amazon.
Last month, Amazon’s Singapore site also launched a buy-now-pay-later service with partners, but its effectiveness has not yet been demonstrated.
02 | No improvement for local platforms either
Similar to the performance of Lazada and Shopee’s platforms, the data performance of various local/international e-commerce platforms is also not good. Although some have achieved growth, it cannot be explained due to the small base.
Indonesia site: Local e-commerce platform Tokopedia’s website traffic decreased by 2.6% in May compared to April, from 109.2 million to 106.4 million. Meanwhile, another local platform Bukalapak’s website traffic increased by 12.3% from 15.4 million to 17.3 million.
Vietnam site: Local e-commerce platform Tiki’s website traffic decreased by 1.1% in May compared to April, from 8.8 million to 8.7 million. Another local platform Sendo’s website traffic remained unchanged at 1.4 million.
Singapore site: Qoo10’s website traffic increased by 11.8% in May compared to April, from 1.7 million to 1.9 million. Amazon’s website traffic remained unchanged at 5.9 million.
Additionally, Shopee Taiwan’s website traffic decreased from 73.1 million in April to 70.1 million in May, a decrease of 4.1%. Shopee Brazil’s website traffic increased from 68.8 million in April to 71.7 million in May, an increase of 4.2%.
03 | Other data:
The average website visit duration, number of pages visited per session, and bounce rate for each platform in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam are as follows:
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Tips for Increasing Sales and Boosting Store Rankings for Meicai Duo, Lazada, and Shopee Sellers
- The article discusses techniques for self-sustaining account evaluation on Lazada, a popular online marketplace The focus is on how to achieve quick sales growth and improve your ranking on the platform
- Shopee and Lazada have made profits in Thailand for the first time in nearly a decade!
- Daily News | Shopee Thailand to achieve first-ever profit in 2022, surpassing Lazada; Shopee Malaysia introduces dynamic stock locking feature for online products
- Neither high nor low works! Lazada sellers need to pay attention to setting gift prices; One year after Shopee’s exit, another giant enters the Indian market; Guangdong ranks first, with four provinces and two cities accounting for 70% of the country’s imports and exports
- Master the golden rule of Lazada and Shopee store operations Evaluating and nurturing your own account skills
- Is the hardware and tools category on Lazada and Shopee easy to do? What are the popular product categories?