EDM Email Marketing These 3 Key Metrics You Must Understand!
3 key metrics for understanding EDM email marketing
One important way to improve repeat purchases on an independent website is through email marketing. However, how do we measure the effectiveness of our email marketing and how much conversion it brings? Today, we will introduce three key email marketing metrics that will let you know which email subject lines are most effective, what content your customers are clicking on, and whether your emails are being read by your target audience. This will help you optimize your email marketing strategy and avoid sending emails to places where no one cares (or worse, spam folders).
Why Focus on Email Marketing Metrics?
These metrics can help you understand how subscribers interact with your content and show which content is more popular, allowing you to optimize every email you send in the future.
Independent website SaaS systems automatically track the metrics you choose, allowing you to build lasting relationships with customers through email. Measure results such as how many people clicked through to your independent site from your email, how many people added items to their shopping carts, and how many people ultimately placed orders.
- Independent website optimization checklist 10 practical tips to improve conversion rates
- Dunhuangcom Group invited to participate in the 7th Global Cross-border E-commerce Exhibition
- Beginner’s Guide How to Open an Independent Online Store? 7 Steps to Complete the Building of an Independent Online Store
The delivery rate shows the percentage of emails sent that were successfully delivered to recipients. A high delivery rate indicates that your email list is clean and healthy, and your emails are being delivered to the correct inboxes. However, if you find that your delivery rate is decreasing, it may mean that your emails are being marked as spam, or you are sending emails to invalid email addresses.
How to Calculate Delivery Rate
Divide the number of delivered emails by the total number of emails sent, then multiply by 100.
What is the Ideal Delivery Rate?
In an ideal situation, your delivery rate should reach 100%, but the actual goal is 99% – because there may be some exceptions in the mailing list. If your delivery rate is below 97%, review the way you collect email addresses to ensure that you give yourself the best chance of success.
The open rate refers to the percentage of recipients who open your email. A high open rate may indicate that your subject is intriguing, or that your customers expect to receive your email in their inbox. If you find that your open rate is low, you can try changing the subject line, using personalized elements, considering adding emojis, or adjusting the sending frequency.
How to calculate the open rate
Divide the total number of emails opened by the number of recipients, then multiply by 100.
What is the ideal open rate?
A normal open rate range is between 20% and 22%. If your email service provider shows that your open rate is lower than this value, try A/B testing your subject line to find the strategy that best suits your audience.
Click-Through Rate (CTR)
The click-through rate is the percentage of people who click on links in your email. This metric evaluates two data points at the same time: the number of people who opened the email and the number of clicks. Most people use this metric to measure the effectiveness of EDM.
How to calculate the click-through rate
Divide the number of people who clicked on links in the email by the number of people who opened the email, then multiply by 100.
What is the ideal click-through rate?
The target is 3.5%. To increase the click-through rate, make sure your content is relevant to your audience, test different send times, and use strong calls to action (CTAs) that incentivize action.
Email Marketing Metrics and KPIs: Final Thoughts
From the beginning, tracking email marketing metrics should be part of your EDM marketing, but it’s never too late to start paying attention to your data. These data tell you which types of content resonate with subscribers, how your email campaigns are performing, and what you need to do to keep moving forward.
Shoplazza enables email tracking from the very beginning and reports on all key metrics, including:
– Deliverability rate
– Number of subscribers unsubscribed
– Click-through rate
– Number of unique visitors to your standalone site who accessed it via email
– Number of orders placed on your standalone site via email access
– Sales amount generated by email access to your standalone site
Although you should always keep tracking enabled, you can update and personalize your settings at any time. Remember to analyze your email campaign results and adjust accordingly to expand your audience and increase open rates.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
- Jumping Horse Middle East! How can cross-border sellers easily go global using independent websites?
- How to Let ChatGPT Help You Optimize Your Landing Page for Independent Websites
- Cross-border Weekly Report | Amazon encourages external traffic diversion, SHEIN opens platform
- Beginner’s Guide to Affiliate Marketing Step-by-Step Instructions to Start an Independent Affiliate Program
- What are the terms and policies for independent cross-border e-commerce websites? How should they be written?
- Aiming at the multi-billion-dollar Middle Eastern market, the independent website opens a new chapter in wealth